The importance of food can never be neglected and its impact on life cannot be compared because, one cannot think well, live well, and even sleep well if one has not dined well.
There are various reasons why your dog is not eating the meals. Throughout a dog’s life stages due to its age, its activity, and its behavior the appetite increases or decreases. But that should not be the reason for being worried; a good concern is enough to take care of things and improve its appetite. Let’s Relax and get on to the causes and the solutions to them.
Before you make the random assumption and consider your pet ill in your mind we would ask you to introspect and give a close look at his regular habits that has been changed and look for synonyms if you find any. You must always answer these questions for yourself and for the Vet.
The Important Questions:
- Does he not like this specific food or all foods?
- Did he vomit; have diarrhea after his last meal?
- Has he stopped drinking water as well or just the food?
- Has it been long since he stopped eating?
- Any other symptoms that you noticed?
- What kind of food is he eating for a long?
- Did he stop drinking water as well?
The answer to these questions will help you to understand the start of the problem and the cause of it. This will also help your Vet to find the right solution to treat your pet correctly and well.
But, how to encourage your dog to eat food when you have just found the problem?
- Stop the often food pampering to your dog and must also stop giving the treats. This will let him actually feel the hunger and would even make him crave food at a longer interval.
- Start increasing their activity levels and exercises to improve his health and consistency in his appetite.
- Fix its food routine, food utensils, and try to fix food places as well.
- Always take away the left-out food to not let him nibble over it again.
- Understand your pet’s appetite well. According to its breed, age, and body weight, it needs a certain amount of pet food and anything over that leads to obesity which is a slow poison and impacts food habits to a great extent.
- Develop a family relationship with your pet and be more involved. It would be even better to have a good mealtime together for all the family members including your pet.
There are also chances that your dog is ill, has any dental issues, or has got a recent vaccination or maybe he is suffering from behavioral issues; the major cause of not responding to diet well.